Goal Setting Success

Goal Setting Success

2019 is set to be a BANNER year!

We love the New Year around here. It’s a fresh start. New goals, new ideas, and motivation for progression.

Being in the Health and Wellness industry for over 20 years I’ve seen the rise and the fall of health related New Years Resolutions. The gyms are packed the first few weeks of January, only to see it back to the “regulars” by the end of the month. What happens to these souls that were longing for greater health and a fresh start?

We all want to have success when we’re trying to progress. There are two things that I’ve seen set apart those who achieve their goals and those who don’t.

1. Setting SMARTER goals…

SMARTER goal setting does everything you need to make sure your goals are attainable and achievable. Setting goals this way really has you think and plan out your goals so they’re right on the forefront and are in measurable time.

2. WRITE THEM DOWN + HAVE A PLAN

In 1979 the Harvard Business School graduating MBA class was asked a single questions about their goals in life – “Have you set written goals and created a plan for their attainment?”

Prior to graduation it was determined that:

  • 84% of the entire class had set no goals at all
  • 13% of the class had set written goals but had no concrete plans
  • 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans

What were the results? 10 years later, the 13% of the class that had set written goals were making TWICE as much money as the 84% that had no set goals at all. Impressive.

What about the 3% of the class that had BOTH – written goals AND a plan? They were making TEN TIMES as much as the rest of the 97% of the class – combined. Wow.

TAKEAWAY: If you want to REALLY succeed with your goals write them down AND have a plan.

 

A new perspective on progression rather than perfection.

We all want to be better today then we were yesterday. Whether this is as a parent, in your work, studies, your health, or as a family or community member. What we often forget is that tomorrow is a new day. It’s impossible to be perfect. Realize that along the journey we may stumble and fall but it’s getting up that counts. As long as we are progressing we’re better today then we were yesterday, and that is everything.

 

I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
– Thomas Edison

By |2019-01-09T00:03:29+00:00January 4th, 2019|