Boosting the immune system is high on everyone’s priority list. There are a lot of things happening in the world right now that we can’t control. Most of us are homebound – as we try to balance work and school from the walls of our home. Uncertainty makes us uneasy – this is normal. Remember it’s not the adversity – but how we choose to deal with the adversity itself, which makes the difference. Focusing on the things we can control will bring us inner peace, hope, and a silver lining of positivity. One of the great things in our power is helping our immune system be as strong as it can be.
Many people are flooding the online marketplace to purchase immune-boosting vitamins like Vitamins C + D. These are wonderful – but they are simply not enough. There are a few key nutrient components that work together and are absolutely vital for a strong and healthy immune system.
Where it all starts…
First, we need to understand that our body is made of trillions of cells. Your cells are constantly being regenerated and replenished — literally at a rate of millions per day! If your cells are healthy — you are healthy.
So let’s talk about what we need to help our bodies HAVE the healthiest cells and CREATE the healthiest cells DAILY — which in turn gives us the strongest immune system possible.
9 Essentials For A Healthy Immune System
- A COMPLEX OF ALL ESSENTIAL VITAMINS + MINERALS. Vitamins C, D, and Zinc are wonderful for boosting immunity, but it’s also vital to make sure along with those you’re getting a COMPLEX of all Essential Vitamins and Minerals to keep your body balanced. Vitamins work synergistically together for best absorption and for keeping all systems in the body as strong as they can be – so just taking Vitamin C or D is not enough – you must have a COMPLEX of ALL Essential Vitamins and Minerals for best absorption and production of your immunity boosting Vitamins.
- INTAKE OF POWERFUL SUPERFOODS DAILY. The second is making sure you’re getting powerhouse Superfoods – like Spirulina, Chlorella, Beet Root, Bilberry, and organic immune-boosting vegetables like Broccoli, Broccoli Sprouts, Spinach, and Kale daily. Each of these Superfoods are loaded with different vitamins and minerals and provides vital cell protection with their powerful antioxidants – while also providing essential nutrients to help your body produce new, healthy cells. Remember, you are what you eat.
- NOURISHING YOUR GUT DAILY WITH PRE + PROBIOTICS. Approximately 70% of your immune system is housed in the gut. Your gut is constantly communicating with the rest of your body – so making sure your gut is as healthy as possible is absolutely critical for your immune system to be its best. Consuming healthy Pre + Probiotics every day, Digestive Enzymes, along with added Ginger and Dandelion Root, is vital for your digestive tract to be as healthy as possible.
- SUPER MUSHROOMS. Mushrooms are packed with protective and healing antioxidants and have special anti-inflammatory components that destroy infections, regenerate nerve cells, and slow down aging. These protective elements synergistically work together to fight viruses and inflammation to super-charge your immune system.
Added Astragalus and Burdock Root provide powerful immune-boosting, protective antioxidants, and have vital antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
It isn’t by chance that Puratae Superfood provides all of these vital nutrient components – including your immunity boosting Vitamins: C, D, and Zinc. We worked for years in formulation to combine the finest ingredients that synergistically work together to help your body be the absolute BEST and STRONGEST it can be – in ALL areas. A healthy body is balanced in all areas with a strong and vital immune system. Remember, internally you are constantly working to replenish your body with new, healthy cells. Giving your body the right nutrients it needs EVERY DAY help you be your absolute best EVERY DAY.
5. SLEEP. Sleep is absolutely critical for a strong immune system. When your body sleeps it repairs and resets itself working to stabilize your hormones. Make sure you’re turning off the screens and climbing into bed early. Adults need 7-9 hours a night, kids and teens need 9-14+ hours based on age (younger = more sleep). Do the best you can. As a mom with small children I know this can be a task. Just don’t let TV or screens get in the way of your precious sleep. It’s worth it to turn everything off and wind down early.
6. WATER. Water and staying hydrated is critical to keep your body functioning at its optimum – allowing your body to rid itself of toxins. We’ll start with minimums so you know where your base is…
A body at rest needs at least half of your body weight in ounces (ie. a 150-pound individual would need at least 75 ounces per day). But any activity – or if you’re pregnant or nursing – significantly increases this number. Right now, you can’t get enough water – so drink up. Minimums aren’t enough to keep your immune system at its peak.
7. Avoiding Sugar. Sugar weakens the immune system. Eating or drinking too much sugar curbs immune system cells that attack bacteria. This effect lasts for at least a few hours after consumption. Sugar late in the day can also disturb sleep patterns, causing restless and disrupted sleep. Opt for nature’s sweet instead with their protective antioxidants, and varied vitamins and minerals.
8. EXERCISE. Exercise causes change in antibodies and White Blood Cells, which are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease. Physical activity also increases body temperature which helps you fight off infection better. Exercise also helps flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways, which can reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Bonus if you do it outside! (see below)
9. Sunshine and Fresh Air. Don’t forget how important it is to get outside every day, no matter what your weather is. Sunshine and fresh air do wonders for the mind, body, and soul – which help everything come alive for us. Here are the praises for each:
Sunlight helps improve your mood and focus by boosting serotonin levels in your body (also known as the ‘happiness hormone’) and makes you feel calm and alert. Sunlight also helps you get better sleep and provides healthy Vitamin D.
Fresh air is good for your digestive system, improves blood pressure and heart rate, strengthens your immune system, cleans your lungs, and gives you more energy and a sharper mind. All of this leads to a healthier and happier you!
Remember to focus right now on the things you can control. Keeping your immune system at its peak and helping your body be the healthiest it can be will improve all areas of your life. Taking a moment to step back, focus on our blessings, and enjoy this slower time will bring peace to your mind, body, and spirit.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, and remember, we’re always here to help. We love our Puratae family. Sending all our love for your greatest health and happiness! ♡