Guilt-Free Brownie Recipe
Living a balanced lifestyle means that you get to make your brownies, and eat them too! By starting your day off with good, whole-food nutrition, you set yourself up for total health success (mentally and physically) so that you can indulge in goodies every now and then, guilt-free! If you’re looking for a low calorie, gluten-free, and chocolatey treat that’s both grain-free and paleo, look no further because we’ve got a delicious recipe for you. The best part? It’s packed with wholesome ingredients to keep you balanced all day long!!
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use some coconut oil to grease a 9×9 cooking sheet.
- combine the tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs & vanilla extract until smooth in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- Slowly add your bowl of dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients and fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips into the batter. (The batter should be quite thick.)
- Evenly spread your batter in the greased pan. Because the batter is especially thick, don’t be afraid to use a spatula to spread it!
- Bake for 22-30 minutes! (You can also do a knife test, by sticking a butter knife into the middle of the batter. If it comes out clean, you’re ready to let it cool!)
- Feel free to sprinkle on some of your favourite nutts, toasted sesame seeds of fresh organic raspberries!
We hope you enjoy this chocolatey treat! Remember, a little bit of balance goes a long way. Enjoy!
** Original recipe from: Ambitious Kitchen, with some small substitutes that we love!